Wednesday, July 13, 2011

D Day

Well today I depart this fair country of mine, for a time anyway.....saying good bye to family and friends was harder than I thought. I am now sitting in the Qantas Lounge waiting, waiting, waiting for the flight. Fortunately I got my upgrade. I will tell you what those capsule seats are like once I get to the other end. My flight leaves at 10am and arrives in New York at 6pm New York time. I am now getting really excited.


Staying with mum was great. I thought it would be difficult but she made it a breeze. We had a wonderful time together, a very special time. Thank you mum for all your support.

BTW - The new Qantas business lounge is ok. Nothing too flash. You still have access to computers, drinks and breakfast food. Nothing really new or exciting. But it is doing one thing for me.....stopping me from shopping in the duty free stores. For those ladies that just can't wait until Victoria Secrets open in Sydney later in the year - well you can buy it duty free in the departures terminal. :)

I'll sign off now, am speaking with Bryan on the phone. I can't wait to see him.