Thursday, August 25, 2011

Our first two guests

Over the weekend Larry and Marty came and stayed with us. We showed them around New York city and had lots of fun. On Friday we checked out "The High Line", "Chelsea Markets" and parts of the "Meat Packing District". On Saturday we did the Staten Island ferry and went to a "Food Truck" Carnival they were having down at the South Seaport. The "Food Truck" carnival was fun but extremely busy. Some of the most famous "Food Trucks" that are located around the city were there. Cupcake foodtrucks, Hotdog foodtrucks, Mexican Foodtrucks, all different kinds of food trucks. Especially dessert foodtrucks...mmmmm.

On Sunday we went to see a musical called "The Fantasticks". It the longest running "off-Broadway" musical. It's been running since 1960 and I think it should have long ago taken it's final curtain call. Some of the family enjoyed it, but I must admit I didn't. I felt like I was watching community theatre.

Anyway, the highlight of my weekend was seeing Lady Gaga. Yep! My first celebrity sighting. I'll tell you how it all came about......

On Saturday evening (I think it was Saturday), we decided to go for a walk up to Times Square to see all the flashing lights that Times Square is renowned for. And as we got closer we could hear all this cheering. Marty asked one of the police officers what was going on and he informed us that Lady Gaga was making an appearance. We were just outside Toy'sR Us when we spotted her doing an interview in one of the glass buildings. She kept turning around and waving to the crowd. So we hung around for a few minutes then continued on up Times Square - pretty cool, huh?

We had such a great weekend. Thanks for coming out to see us Marty and Larry we really enjoyed catching up with you both.