Monday, August 22, 2011

Coney Island

Some of you may have heard of Coney Island - New York's answer to Bondi Beach and Luna Park all rolled into one. Bryan's mum had mentioned that she may want to go out there when she comes to New York for a visit, so Bryan wi wanted to make a test run out there so we knew what trains to catch.

Well, I must admit it let me down a bit. I was expecting a real carnival feel and let's just say it was pretty much like Luna Park  - pretty quiet. It certainly does not have the feel of Bondi (city beach feel) and there is really nothing exciting to do out there is you are not into sunbaking or carnival rides.

But I did get to have a "Nathan's" hotdog. What is a "Nathan's" hotdog I hear you ask? Well, Nathan's is famous for coming up with the modern day American hotdog. So that was pretty cool!



Two of Nathan's Chilli and Cheese hot dogs (one for Bryan
and one for me) as well as a Lemonade.

I just had to take a photo of this. At the bottom they have
the names of the winners and how many hot dogs they ate.
Now's that's something to be known for - NOT! :) 

Coney Island Boardwalk

Beach at Coney Island
The palm tree in the picture spurts out water. It was cute!

Carnival Rides at Coney Island.

Locals playing Handball.
We decided to head back into town and meandered around