Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cake Boss

I decided today to take a train across the Hudson to Hoboken in New Jersey - home of Carlos Bakery run by Buddy Valastro and his extended family. If you've seen the show "Cake Boss" on cable TV you'll know who I'm talking about.



It didn't take long to get to Hoboken from Manhattan. About 15-20 minutes on the PATH train system. You can use your Manhattan subway card and it is cheaper than the subway (PATH $2.00 per ride, Subway $2.50 per ride).

Hoboken is a pretty little town it has a quaint old world feel to it. I would have to think that if I had to leave in or near Manhattan, I would seriously consider Hoboken.





I was very lucky on the day that I went to Carlos' Bakery as there was no line outside waiting to get in. I have been told that on Saturdays it can take up to 2 hours to get into the store.






I decided to buy two cakes - their famous lobster claw and their double chocolate mousse cake.

Lobster Claw


Double Chocolate Mousse
Both were nice, but I prefer the cupcakes from the CRUMBS bakery. If you are in New York, try and track down one of their bake shops and indulge in one of their cupcakes, I can guarantee that you will love it.