Thursday, November 17, 2011

Ice Hockey at Madison Square Garden

It's crazy, we only live a couple of blocks from Madison Square Garden but up until now we haven't seen anything inside it. Well that all changed last Friday night when Bryan and I went to see the New York Rangers vs the Carolina Hurricanes in an Ice Hockey game.

Outside Madison Square Garden

It was a lot of fun and if you are in New York when the ice hockey season is on, you gotta try to get yourself to a game. Although I must admit that when we saw the Dallas All Stars play the Anaheim Mighty Ducks the between periods entertainment was a lot of fun and laughter. At the Rangers game there wasn't any real entertainment. Mostly that was when people ran out and got them selves a hot dog, drink and snacks.

The Rangers warming up - before the start of the game

It was Veteran's Day so they had a cadet from West point sing the anthem.

Start of the game.

Rangers score their first point. You can see the puck in the net.


There is something that I need to confess.......I finally ate liquid cheese. Can you believe it! Liquid cheese!! I had it on my hot dog. It was by accident I must admit. The young lady behind the counter asked if we wanted cheese on our hot dog and I said yes, thinking it was going to be grated/shredded cheese, then when I saw this bright yellow stuff on my hot dog I had to ask Bryan what it was......Liquid Cheese.....Strangely enough it didn't taste too bad but then again, I was having a hot dog, so pretty much anything can taste good on a hot dog. But let's just say that I won't be going out of my way to have it again though.

One of the two Zamboni es resurfacing the rink.


Anyway back to the ice hockey. If you are going to see it be prepared to pay.....that is if you can get tickets. Most of the tickets are held by season pass holders and if they cannot make it to a game they sell them on various ticket websites. Our tickets were up towards the back of the rink (we still had a fantastic view) and they were $119.00 each. So it's not cheap!

Change ups


Trying to get to the puck

A bit of a biff-up!

Look, we had a good time. Will we be doing it again anytime soon? Maybe, but I don't think we are going to go out of our way to find anymore tickets.

The Rangers holding up their hockey sticks thanking the fans.

BTW the New York Rangers Won!