Friday, March 16, 2012

Seminar - the Broadway play

When I found out that Alan Rickman was going to be staring in a Broadway play I knew I just had to see it. And  he didn't let me down. He was fantastic in his role. The play is called "Seminar" and it is about a famous writer who has since become a famous editor and he offers aspiring writers classes in how to become better writers. But the classes are not your typical "stand in front of the class" seminars. They take place at one of the student's apartments in New York, and every week the group of 5 (4 students and teacher) come together to read each others work and to discuss what is good and/or bad about each piece.

It is a very witty, adult comedy and I loved it from the moment it started.

Another member of the cast was Jeremy O'Connell - you know the fat kid from the movie "Stand By Me". He was really good at playing this over-the-top character.