Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My first run in NYC

Wow! How painful! Yes folks I am soooooo out of shape. It has been too hot to go running out on the streets so I have been doing a bit of running on the treadmill in the gym. Now running on a treadmill is another story - how boring is it! Not even the TV makes it interesting.

I decided to start off with a small run (4 miles). I decided to run across to 12th avenue and then run up the cycle path to the Intrepid Museum (around 40th street - Hells Kitchen) and back. The one thing I have noticed about Manhattan is that it is flat, there is not even a whisper of a hill, so as you can imagine my legs got tired pretty fast! But over all it was still a pretty good run. I feel so much better for it, but my legs will need a few more runs before they are back to normal.